Amerman Racing's Baciami Piccola made the best of her first U.S. start March 12 at Tampa Bay Downs, where she closed widest of all in the stretch to win the $155,000 Florida Oaks (gr. IIIT).
Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
A colt from Equiano's first Australian crop sold for $420,000 ($375,113 in United States funds), the highest price ever for a first-season sire in Victoria, on day two of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 3.
Sole Power provided one of the biggest upsets in British racing when he landed the Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at York at odds of 100-1.
Starspangledbanner followed up his success in the Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) with a gritty victory over Equiano in the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) July 9 at Newmarket.
Despite stumbling at the start, Equiano dominated the field and scorched home to win the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 1/2 lengths June 15 at Royal Ascot.
The Aidan O'Brien-trained Henrythenavigator won the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) on opening day of Royal Ascot meeting. Other winners on the day include Haradasun, winner of the Queen Anne (Eng-I), and Equiano, winner of the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever