Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
A colt from Equiano's first Australian crop sold for $420,000 ($375,113 in United States funds), the highest price ever for a first-season sire in Victoria, on day two of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 3.
Sole Power provided one of the biggest upsets in British racing when he landed the Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at York at odds of 100-1.
Starspangledbanner followed up his success in the Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) with a gritty victory over Equiano in the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) July 9 at Newmarket.
Despite stumbling at the start, Equiano dominated the field and scorched home to win the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 1/2 lengths June 15 at Royal Ascot.
The Aidan O'Brien-trained Henrythenavigator won the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) on opening day of Royal Ascot meeting. Other winners on the day include Haradasun, winner of the Queen Anne (Eng-I), and Equiano, winner of the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity