Classic-winning 3-year-old filly Taghrooda will face older males July 26, when she starts from the outside in the field of 12 expected for the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot.
Dancing Rain, winner of the Epsom and German Oaks in 2011 and in foal to superstar Frankel, has been entered in Tattersalls December sale in Newmarket, England.
HorseRacing TV will present live coverage of the Epsom Derby (Eng-I), from Epsom Racecourse in the United Kingdom, on Saturday, June 6.
Livin the Dream Racing's Dream Empress, winner of the Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) and runner-up in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), will make her 3-year-old debut in the $150,000 Herecomesthebride Stakes (gr. IIT) March 15 on the Gulfstream Park turf. But trainer Ken McPeek said the Bernstein filly is not a candidate for the May 1 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
William S. Farish's Casual Look, winner of the classic Vodaphone Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) in 2003, has been retired from racing and is scheduled to join the broodmare band at Farish's Lane's End Farm in Versailles, Ky.
Casual Look, winner of the Epsom Oaks (Eng-I), is now in training with Neil Howard at Churchill Downs.
84 fillies are still eligible for the June 6 Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I).
One of the most competitive renewals of the Vodafone Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) for years is in prospect at Epsom Downs, following today's forfeit stage in which 27 fillies--four more than at this time last year --remained in the £350,000 classic.
Imagine completed a classic double when she won the Epsom Oaks Friday in England. On May 27, the Sadler's Wells filly won the Irish One Thousand Guineas at the Curragh.
Trainer Henry Cecil won the Vodafone (Epsom) Oaks (Eng-I) for the seventh time Friday when Lordship Stud's Love Divine posted a two-length triumph as the 9-4 favorite.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million