Trainer Aidan O'Brien, who recently swept both the Irish One Thousand (Ire-I) and Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I), completed another classic double at Epsom Saturday when Galileo gave him his first Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) victory. Galileo's win also completed a classic sweep for sire Sadler's Wells, who also sired Friday's Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner, the O'Brien-trained Imagine.
Ireland's Coolmore Stud reportedly is attempting to purchase all or part of Golan, the Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas winner who is expected to go off as one of the favorites in Saturday's Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) in England.
About five hours before Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), England will know the results of its Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I). Fourteen horses are entered for the 12-furlong race, and four trainers have multiple entries, including a foursome scheduled to run for Barry Hills.
Twenty-seven horses passed the second forfeit stage today for the June 9 Epsom Derby (Eng-I), the same day as the Belmont Stakes (gr. I). A supplementary entry stage has a deadline of June 2.
The Derby scene Thursday: Coach Rick Pitino cast as "owner" Pitino...NFL hopes Congaree goes long...Darby vs. Derby.
Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Sinndar won his second straight classic and a $1-million bonus by winning the Budweiser Irish Derby by nine lengths at the Curragh Sunday.
The Aga Khan's Sinndar won the 1 1/2-mile Vodafone (Epsom) Derby (Eng-I) Saturday at Epsom, England.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory
- Zia Park Reports 14% Increase in 2013 Handle
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- House Subcommittee to Discuss Internet Gaming
- Wagering Up More Than 4% in November