Trainer Aidan O'Brien, who recently swept both the Irish One Thousand (Ire-I) and Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I), completed another classic double at Epsom Saturday when Galileo gave him his first Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) victory. Galileo's win also completed a classic sweep for sire Sadler's Wells, who also sired Friday's Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner, the O'Brien-trained Imagine.
Ireland's Coolmore Stud reportedly is attempting to purchase all or part of Golan, the Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas winner who is expected to go off as one of the favorites in Saturday's Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) in England.
About five hours before Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), England will know the results of its Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I). Fourteen horses are entered for the 12-furlong race, and four trainers have multiple entries, including a foursome scheduled to run for Barry Hills.
Twenty-seven horses passed the second forfeit stage today for the June 9 Epsom Derby (Eng-I), the same day as the Belmont Stakes (gr. I). A supplementary entry stage has a deadline of June 2.
The Derby scene Thursday: Coach Rick Pitino cast as "owner" Pitino...NFL hopes Congaree goes long...Darby vs. Derby.
Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Sinndar won his second straight classic and a $1-million bonus by winning the Budweiser Irish Derby by nine lengths at the Curragh Sunday.
The Aga Khan's Sinndar won the 1 1/2-mile Vodafone (Epsom) Derby (Eng-I) Saturday at Epsom, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA