Gritty Grand Contender battled head-and-head with Taptowne through the stretch before inching clear in the $200,000 Texas Mile Stakes (gr. III) on the night of April 26 at Lone Star Park.
West Point Thoroughbreds' favored Twilight Eclipse likely punched his ticket to Dubai with an impressive victory in the $200,000 Mac Diarmida Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 15 at Gulfstream Park.
Turf or dirt, it made little difference to odds-on favorite Twilight Eclipse, who rolled to a front-running repeat victory in the $125,000 W. L. McKnight Handicap Dec. 28 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Twilight Eclipse ruined the return of favored Newsdad while establishing a new world record for 1 1/2 miles on turf in the $150,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) March 23 at Gulfstream Park.
Lightly-raced Twilight Eclipse put away 3-2 favorite Ioya Bigtime entering the far turn and continued on to post an 11-1 upset win in the W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) Nov. 24 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Double-Digit Growth in Arc Export Handle
- Spendthrift Moving Court Vision, Victor's Cry
- Pletcher Horses Hit the Track at Keeneland
- Questions Facing Breeders' Cup Classic Horses
- Owner Recruitment, Retention Focus of Panel
- Injured Rossi 'An Inspiration' After Accident
- Big Macher Breezes at Santa Anita Park
- Former Arlington Executive to Kentucky Downs
- Canani Suspended by Santa Anita Stewards
- Golden Horn Impressive in Arc de Triomphe