Dr. Douglar Byars, respected surgeon at the Hagyard-Davidson-McGee equine hospital near Lexington, spoke with The Blood-Horse about the unsuccessful efforts to save Claiborne Farm stallion Unbridled, calling the 1990 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner "the most extraordinary, patient horse I've ever been around."
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA
- KY House Passes BC Tax Break Legislation
- Gleeson Named to Grayson Research Position
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- IFHA Releases List of Top 100 Group I Races
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes