Grade II winner Big Band Sound has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 season at Gulf Coast Equine in Sunset, La. He will stand his first season at Ray and Anna Paul's Gulf Coast Equine for $2,500.
Big Band Sound, a grade II winning son of Bernstein, has been retired, announced Richard Schultz, who owns the horse with Kendel Standlee. The 6-year-old Danny Vella trainee suffered a minor injury during training.
Ending a spate of runner-up finishes at Woodbine, Big Band Sound spurted away from the field at mid-stretch and held sway to win the Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) on the turf Aug. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel