Grade II winner Big Band Sound has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 season at Gulf Coast Equine in Sunset, La. He will stand his first season at Ray and Anna Paul's Gulf Coast Equine for $2,500.
Big Band Sound, a grade II winning son of Bernstein, has been retired, announced Richard Schultz, who owns the horse with Kendel Standlee. The 6-year-old Danny Vella trainee suffered a minor injury during training.
Ending a spate of runner-up finishes at Woodbine, Big Band Sound spurted away from the field at mid-stretch and held sway to win the Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) on the turf Aug. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam