Grade II winner Big Band Sound has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 season at Gulf Coast Equine in Sunset, La. He will stand his first season at Ray and Anna Paul's Gulf Coast Equine for $2,500.
Big Band Sound, a grade II winning son of Bernstein, has been retired, announced Richard Schultz, who owns the horse with Kendel Standlee. The 6-year-old Danny Vella trainee suffered a minor injury during training.
Ending a spate of runner-up finishes at Woodbine, Big Band Sound spurted away from the field at mid-stretch and held sway to win the Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) on the turf Aug. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal