Grade II winner Big Band Sound has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 season at Gulf Coast Equine in Sunset, La. He will stand his first season at Ray and Anna Paul's Gulf Coast Equine for $2,500.
Big Band Sound, a grade II winning son of Bernstein, has been retired, announced Richard Schultz, who owns the horse with Kendel Standlee. The 6-year-old Danny Vella trainee suffered a minor injury during training.
Ending a spate of runner-up finishes at Woodbine, Big Band Sound spurted away from the field at mid-stretch and held sway to win the Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) on the turf Aug. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes