Lawrence the Roman, a 3-year-old son of Point Given who won his first three starts by a combined 25 1/4 lengths, has been retired from racing because of an injured leg.
By Gary McMillen -- It all started one morning in the backstretch kitchen. Chaplain Les Riggs sat down and had breakfast with me. He wanted to start an English class for the Hispanic workers. He was frustrated. Nobody was willing to help. Fools rush in -- I volunteered on the spot. Riggs almost choked on his bacon.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: At The Sales
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September Continues Steady Progress
- Penn National CEO Wilmott Appointed to Board