Lawrence the Roman, a 3-year-old son of Point Given who won his first three starts by a combined 25 1/4 lengths, has been retired from racing because of an injured leg.
By Gary McMillen -- It all started one morning in the backstretch kitchen. Chaplain Les Riggs sat down and had breakfast with me. He wanted to start an English class for the Hispanic workers. He was frustrated. Nobody was willing to help. Fools rush in -- I volunteered on the spot. Riggs almost choked on his bacon.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled