One of the pioneers of the New York breeding program, Gustave C. Schoenborn Sr. died May 11 at his home in Coxsackie, N.Y., following a short illness.
The Barclay Tagg-trained Dave took advantage of a clear outside trip under jockey Joe Bravo to win the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) over the yielding turf at Aqueduct Nov. 10.
It was a crowded Saratoga Race Course on Sunday afternoon with a paid attendance of 70,792, but Dave and jockey Jose Santos found plenty of room in the lane, coming away with a one-length victory in the $113,600 West Point Handicap on the turf for New York-breds.
New York stallion Ends Well was euthanized at Gus Schoenborn Jr.'s Contemporary Stallions near Coxsackie the morning of Oct. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont