One of the pioneers of the New York breeding program, Gustave C. Schoenborn Sr. died May 11 at his home in Coxsackie, N.Y., following a short illness.
The Barclay Tagg-trained Dave took advantage of a clear outside trip under jockey Joe Bravo to win the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) over the yielding turf at Aqueduct Nov. 10.
It was a crowded Saratoga Race Course on Sunday afternoon with a paid attendance of 70,792, but Dave and jockey Jose Santos found plenty of room in the lane, coming away with a one-length victory in the $113,600 West Point Handicap on the turf for New York-breds.
New York stallion Ends Well was euthanized at Gus Schoenborn Jr.'s Contemporary Stallions near Coxsackie the morning of Oct. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.