Godolphin Racing classic winner Encke died the morning of Oct. 14 due to an injury sustained during routine training, according to trainer Charlie Appleby.
A heady ride propelled 14-1 longshot Brown Panther to a commanding victory in the Palmerstown House Estate Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) Sept. 14 at the Curragh.
Sheikh Mohammed's Eclipse Award as outstanding breeder was due to an overabundance of quality rather than quantity.
Encke played the role of spoiler in Camelot's big for the English Triple Crown. read blog
The English Triple Crown will have to wait at least yet another year as the brilliant Camelot came up three-quarters of a length short to Encke in his bid to make history in the Ladbrokes St. Leger Sept. 15 at Doncaster.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Zayas Recovering From Surgery After Spill
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California
- First Winner for Giant Surprise
- Delaware Park Battles With Regional Pressures