Godolphin Racing classic winner Encke died the morning of Oct. 14 due to an injury sustained during routine training, according to trainer Charlie Appleby.
A heady ride propelled 14-1 longshot Brown Panther to a commanding victory in the Palmerstown House Estate Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) Sept. 14 at the Curragh.
Sheikh Mohammed's Eclipse Award as outstanding breeder was due to an overabundance of quality rather than quantity.
Encke played the role of spoiler in Camelot's big for the English Triple Crown. read blog
The English Triple Crown will have to wait at least yet another year as the brilliant Camelot came up three-quarters of a length short to Encke in his bid to make history in the Ladbrokes St. Leger Sept. 15 at Doncaster.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?