Godolphin Racing classic winner Encke died the morning of Oct. 14 due to an injury sustained during routine training, according to trainer Charlie Appleby.
A heady ride propelled 14-1 longshot Brown Panther to a commanding victory in the Palmerstown House Estate Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) Sept. 14 at the Curragh.
Sheikh Mohammed's Eclipse Award as outstanding breeder was due to an overabundance of quality rather than quantity.
Encke played the role of spoiler in Camelot's big for the English Triple Crown. read blog
The English Triple Crown will have to wait at least yet another year as the brilliant Camelot came up three-quarters of a length short to Encke in his bid to make history in the Ladbrokes St. Leger Sept. 15 at Doncaster.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details