Godolphin Racing classic winner Encke died the morning of Oct. 14 due to an injury sustained during routine training, according to trainer Charlie Appleby.
A heady ride propelled 14-1 longshot Brown Panther to a commanding victory in the Palmerstown House Estate Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) Sept. 14 at the Curragh.
Sheikh Mohammed's Eclipse Award as outstanding breeder was due to an overabundance of quality rather than quantity.
Encke played the role of spoiler in Camelot's big for the English Triple Crown. read blog
The English Triple Crown will have to wait at least yet another year as the brilliant Camelot came up three-quarters of a length short to Encke in his bid to make history in the Ladbrokes St. Leger Sept. 15 at Doncaster.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse