Lady Sheila Stable's La Verdad found her way back to the Belmont Park winner's circle Oct. 18, landing the $150,000 Iroquois on Empire Showcase Day for her fifth stakes score of the year.
Discreet Marq, a New York-bred who has competed primarily in grade I company since winning the 2013 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT), tops the oversubscribed field of fillies and mares entered in the Oct. 18 Ticonderoga Stakes.
Four times a runner-up in stakes races this season, including a second-place finish to Palace in the Forego (gr. I), Big Business will try to secure the first stakes win of his career in the Hudson Handicap Oct. 18.
Defending champion Saratoga Snacks takes on eight fellow New York-breds Oct. 18 in the $300,000 Empire Classic Handicap, the main feature on Empire Showcase Day at Belmont Park.
Effie Trinket and King Kreesa score on the turf at 1 1/16 miles in the Ticonderoga Stakes and Mohawk Stakes, respectively, at Belmont Park Oct. 19 as part of the Empire Showcase Day card.
Undefeated Cluster of Stars rolled to her seventh consecutive win when she outclassed five New York-bred opponents in frontrunning style by 3 1/4 lengths in the $150,000 Iroquois Stakes Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Wired Bryan turned in a front-running tour-de-force in the $150,000 Bertram F. Bongard Stakes on Empire Showcase Day; Miss Narcissist employed similar tactics to take the $150,000 Joseph A. Gimma for fillies.
King Kreesa and Notacatbutallama headline Mohawk, while filly Effie Trinket seeks second stakes score in Ticonderoga Stakes Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Undefeated Cluster of Stars puts her six-race win streak on the line as a formidable 2-5 favorite in the $150,000 Iroquois Stakes for New York-bred fillies and mares Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining