Trainer Dominic Zaki and his patrons were the keenest buyers Aug. 14 during a surprisingly lively first session of the Emperors Palace national sale of 2-year-olds held in South Africa the TBA Sales Complex in Gosforth Park. Zaki secured the two top lots, helping to boost the gross revenue to R8.37 million ($1,044,519 in U.S. funds), an increases from last year's R8.2 million. The average price of R82,871 ($10,342) was up 3% from 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park