Trainer Dominic Zaki and his patrons were the keenest buyers Aug. 14 during a surprisingly lively first session of the Emperors Palace national sale of 2-year-olds held in South Africa the TBA Sales Complex in Gosforth Park. Zaki secured the two top lots, helping to boost the gross revenue to R8.37 million ($1,044,519 in U.S. funds), an increases from last year's R8.2 million. The average price of R82,871 ($10,342) was up 3% from 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely