Trainer Dominic Zaki and his patrons were the keenest buyers Aug. 14 during a surprisingly lively first session of the Emperors Palace national sale of 2-year-olds held in South Africa the TBA Sales Complex in Gosforth Park. Zaki secured the two top lots, helping to boost the gross revenue to R8.37 million ($1,044,519 in U.S. funds), an increases from last year's R8.2 million. The average price of R82,871 ($10,342) was up 3% from 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Lenny's Place - Episode 1
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains