Trainer Dominic Zaki and his patrons were the keenest buyers Aug. 14 during a surprisingly lively first session of the Emperors Palace national sale of 2-year-olds held in South Africa the TBA Sales Complex in Gosforth Park. Zaki secured the two top lots, helping to boost the gross revenue to R8.37 million ($1,044,519 in U.S. funds), an increases from last year's R8.2 million. The average price of R82,871 ($10,342) was up 3% from 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- RMTC Nears Recommendation on Calming Agent
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn