China and the United Arab Emirates-based Meydan Group are partnering to hold a groundbreaking race meeting next month at Jinma Racecourse. Race fields will consist of horses shipped from the U.A.E.
The 19th edition of the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) is set March 29, 2014, according to the race schedule for the United Arab Emirates 2013-2014 season announced Aug. 28.
The United Arab Emirates will offer 26 group races, seven of them group I, during its 2011-12 racing season.
Group winners Lord Admiral, Biarritz, Royal Vintage, and Vertigineux are scheduled to be offered during the Dubai International Racing Carnival (DIRC) session of the Emirates Racing Authority horses in training sale, sponsored by Al Basti Equiworld, at Nad Al Sheba in Dubai.
The inaugural Dubai International Racing Carnival sale, part of the revamped annual Emirates Racing Authority Horse in Training auction, will be held March 4 at Nad Al Sheba.
Tropical Star, a dual group winner at Nad Al Sheba, where the 7-year-old made all 17 of his career starts, was euthanized Feb. 24, one month after winning the Al Shindagha Sprint (UAE-III), the Dubai Racing Club and Emirates Racing Authority announced.
- By Ron Mitchell
A three-member appeals panel of the Emirates Racing Authority has upheld the disqualification of Brass Hat from his second-place finish in this year's Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) and the $5,400 fine imposed on trainer Buff Bradley.
"Racing Without Borders" is the theme of the 31st Asian Racing Conference to be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from Jan. 21-25, 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered