Indian Haven, the Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner who hasn't raced since June, is working toward a start in the Oct. 18 Emirates Airline Champion Stakes.
There are 40 horses going forward for the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes, this year carrying £400,000 in prize money, and 40 juveniles remaining in the season's top 2-year-old event, the £230,000 Darley Dewhurst Stakes. Both races are group I events.
Barry Hills' decision to fit cheek pieces to Storming Home after he had flopped at Doncaster last month paid handsome dividends when he romped home in the $620,000 Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Group I) Saturday at Newmarket, the trainer's second success in the race after Cormorant Wood 19 years ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Next Year's OBSC March to be Open Format
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- Daddy Does Best
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat