Indian Haven, the Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner who hasn't raced since June, is working toward a start in the Oct. 18 Emirates Airline Champion Stakes.
There are 40 horses going forward for the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes, this year carrying £400,000 in prize money, and 40 juveniles remaining in the season's top 2-year-old event, the £230,000 Darley Dewhurst Stakes. Both races are group I events.
Barry Hills' decision to fit cheek pieces to Storming Home after he had flopped at Doncaster last month paid handsome dividends when he romped home in the $620,000 Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Group I) Saturday at Newmarket, the trainer's second success in the race after Cormorant Wood 19 years ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby