Trainer Larry Jones says that Oaklawn Park leading jockey Terry Thompson will ride Fox Hill Farms' Old Fashioned in the $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. II) April 11.
Despite having one of the highest starters per race averages in the country, Hawthorne's betting declined across the board during the fall meet that began Sept. 15 and ended Dec. 31.
Arlington Park's leading rider Chris Emigh, diagnosed with a "mild concussion" after a fall in Wednesday's third race, did not ride Friday as expected.
Arlington Park's leading jockey Chris Emigh suffered a concussion Wednesday when Seadrift, his mount in the third race, stumbled near the three-eighths pole and threw him to the track.
Full race fields helped handle figures stay on par during the fall Thoroughbred meet at Hawthorne racecourse that ended Sunday.
Bright Valour, adjudged winner of the 2000 Hanshin Cup and the outright victor the following year, is prominent among nine horses entered in the 2003 edition of the $100,000 Hanshin Cup at one mile on Sunday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- BC, NBC Extend Media Rights Deal 10 Years
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia