Trainer Larry Jones says that Oaklawn Park leading jockey Terry Thompson will ride Fox Hill Farms' Old Fashioned in the $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. II) April 11.
Despite having one of the highest starters per race averages in the country, Hawthorne's betting declined across the board during the fall meet that began Sept. 15 and ended Dec. 31.
Arlington Park's leading rider Chris Emigh, diagnosed with a "mild concussion" after a fall in Wednesday's third race, did not ride Friday as expected.
Arlington Park's leading jockey Chris Emigh suffered a concussion Wednesday when Seadrift, his mount in the third race, stumbled near the three-eighths pole and threw him to the track.
Full race fields helped handle figures stay on par during the fall Thoroughbred meet at Hawthorne racecourse that ended Sunday.
Bright Valour, adjudged winner of the 2000 Hanshin Cup and the outright victor the following year, is prominent among nine horses entered in the 2003 edition of the $100,000 Hanshin Cup at one mile on Sunday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star