A Galileo filly topped the one-day yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale in England, bringing 275,000 guineas ($480,000) Nov. 23. She was one of the 153 horses that sold for a gross of 3,486,700 guineas $6,077,000), which represented an increase of 75% from last year. The average price of 22,789 guineas ($39,700) and the median price of 11,000 guineas ($19,170) were up 18% and 29%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact