A Galileo filly topped the one-day yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale in England, bringing 275,000 guineas ($480,000) Nov. 23. She was one of the 153 horses that sold for a gross of 3,486,700 guineas $6,077,000), which represented an increase of 75% from last year. The average price of 22,789 guineas ($39,700) and the median price of 11,000 guineas ($19,170) were up 18% and 29%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days