Senada and Cheetah, the respective first- and third-place finishers in the Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes at Keeneland Oct. 23, will again square off in the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Emerald Beech, a grade III winner two starts back and a four-time winner this season, will carry top weight of 119 pounds for the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 12 at Aqueduct.
Martin S. Schwartz' Stacelita will be going for her second consecutive grade I triumph when she takes on seven others in the Flower Bowl Invitational Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Oct. 1.
Hitting her stride at 5, Maria's Mon's Saratoga graded stakes winner Emerald Beech is a throwback to the stamina-oriented, late-developing runners of America's turf history.
Emerald Beech overhauled pacesetter Dynaslew past mid-stretch to register her fourth consecutive victory by 1 1/2 lengths in the $102,000 Glens Falls (gr. IIIT), the final stakes event of the 2011 Saratoga season Sept. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat