Senada and Cheetah, the respective first- and third-place finishers in the Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes at Keeneland Oct. 23, will again square off in the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Emerald Beech, a grade III winner two starts back and a four-time winner this season, will carry top weight of 119 pounds for the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 12 at Aqueduct.
Martin S. Schwartz' Stacelita will be going for her second consecutive grade I triumph when she takes on seven others in the Flower Bowl Invitational Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Oct. 1.
Hitting her stride at 5, Maria's Mon's Saratoga graded stakes winner Emerald Beech is a throwback to the stamina-oriented, late-developing runners of America's turf history.
Emerald Beech overhauled pacesetter Dynaslew past mid-stretch to register her fourth consecutive victory by 1 1/2 lengths in the $102,000 Glens Falls (gr. IIIT), the final stakes event of the 2011 Saratoga season Sept. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76