The chestnut yearling, which is a half brother to 2010 Ohio Derby (gr. III) winner Pleasant Prince, brings $75,000.
The Fasig-Tipton Texas December mixed sale, which was the last major Thoroughbred auction of the year in this country, followed the downward trend that has plagued the equine marketplace in recent months. The gross revenue plummeted 46.7% Dec. 14 compared to a year ago, while the average price dropped 36%. The median declined 14.3%.
A Louisiana-bred colt by Even the Score brought the top price of $120,000 on a good opening day at the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling sale in Grand Prairie.
At the end of Fasig-Tipton's two-day Texas summer yearling sale, held Aug. 28-29 at Lone Star Park, the sale company saw increases in average and median price while the gross slipped from last year's figure with fewer head going through the ring.
A bay daughter of Include topped day one of the Fasig-Tipton Texas summer yearling sale Monday at Lone Star Park, bringing a final bid of $140,000 from Central Kentucky horseman Mike Akers of Dapple Bloodstock.
The damage of Hurricane Katrina on south Louisiana Thoroughbred farms wasn't as bad as originally feared, but it will take time to repair and replace fencing and barns, as well as remove debris and tree limbs.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- The Week in Photos for 9/23/2014
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale
- Ruidoso Unveils Integrity and Safety Program