Eltish, the 1994 Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) runner-up who stood at stud in Florida and later in New York, was euthanized the last part of September because of complications from EPM.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
On Saturday, March 29, two young horses captured an initial graded stakes win at Gulfstream Park and marked themselves as potential elites among the sophomores of 2008. Everyone, of course, by now has heard about Big Brown, runaway winner of the Florida Derby (gr. I) and now a likely favorite for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
On Florida Derby (gr. I) day at Gulfstream Park, horsemen hoped to gain some insight for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) picture. Before the 3-year-old colts took the spotlight, however, 3-year-old fillies tackled the $150,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II), and Denholtz Stables' Shes All Eltish made one thing crystal clear - she's all class.
Eltish, a Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) runner-up, will stand the 2007 breeding season at Dan and Kathy Barraclough's Saratoga Glen Farm near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Four-year-old filly Barbara O'Brien scored her first graded stakes victory, taking the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap (gr. III) at Calder during Grand Slam I on Saturday.
For All Who Dream stamped herself as the local leader of the 2-year-old filly division with an impressive victory in the $100,000 J j'sdream Stakes at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Florida stallion Eltish was represented by his first winner when his daughter Eltisha won June 18 at 5 1/2 furlongs at Calder Race Course at first asking.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose