Unlike the New York basketball team that bears the same name, you can bet on the grade II, $150,000 Knickerbocker Handicap at 1 1/8 mile on the turf Saturday. One of the final turf stakes of the year in New York is a wide-open affair.
Augustin Stable's With Anticipation will try to become the third horse to win back-to-back runnings of the Sword Dancer Invitational when he faces 10 opponents Saturday at Saratoga.
Eltawaasul and Whitmore's Conn, who finished one-two in a Belmont allowance race on June 21, battle each other again Saturday in the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT).
A full field of 12 will contest the $200,000 Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) over 1 3/8 miles Saturday on the Fountain of Youth undercard. This is a wide open contest full of veterans. Stanley Ersoff's Band Is Passing is the mild 7-2 morning line favorite.
Crash Course rallied to win Sunday in the $100,000, grade III Mac Diarmida Handicap for older horses. Crash Course, ridden by jockey Jerry Bailey, finished a half length ahead of Unite's Big Red, a 28-1 shot.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham