Son of First Samurai faces a tall task Feb. 7 for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott, coming back to defend his title against Commissioner and Constitution along with European invader Sloane Avenue.
Santa Anita Park, Fair Grounds, Gulfstream Park, Parx, Laurel Park, Turfway. view slideshow
Mrs. Frank P. Wright's homebred Lady Sebelia added a fourth stakes win to her record in taking the What a Summer, one of four $100,000 events on the Jan. 3 card at Laurel Park.
Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) winner Verrazano was assigned post 8 as the 4-5 favorite on the morning line for the $1 million Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) to be run April 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
While many of the leading 3-year-olds were competing in the warm, sunny climes of Florida and Louisiana, a silent assassin was laying low up in the chilly confines of Belmont Park. read blog
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack was declared ready for $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) to be run April 6 after breezing March 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack. Other key contenders also were on the tab in New York and Florida.
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack remained unbeaten in four starts and proceeded on the road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with an impressive late run March 2 in the $400,000 Gotham Stakes at Aqueduct.
Heavy favorite will have to overcome the far outside post in his 3-year-old debut.
Pedigrees don't win races, but on paper, none of the new faces to emerge so far in 2013 looks better than Elnaawi.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special