Epitome, who staged a stirring stretch drive to win the 1987 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) by a nose, has died at age 19. The mare died Nov. 12 after suffering a ruptured artery. She was boarded at John and Benny Williams' Elmwood Farm in Woodford County, Ky.
Sheikh Mohammed's first order of business as owner of Jonabell Farm in Lexington will be to "give the land a rest," according to his chief bloodstock adviser John Ferguson. The sheikh's purchase of the 790-acre farm is scheduled to close Oct. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Zia Park Schedules 33 Stakes for 2015 Meet
- New Drug Rules Take Effect in West Virginia
- PA Bill Would Lower Racing Dates Minimum