Epitome, who staged a stirring stretch drive to win the 1987 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) by a nose, has died at age 19. The mare died Nov. 12 after suffering a ruptured artery. She was boarded at John and Benny Williams' Elmwood Farm in Woodford County, Ky.
Sheikh Mohammed's first order of business as owner of Jonabell Farm in Lexington will be to "give the land a rest," according to his chief bloodstock adviser John Ferguson. The sheikh's purchase of the 790-acre farm is scheduled to close Oct. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours