A historical look at the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the third jewel of the Triple Crown. view infographic
Potential record-breaking heat causes NYRA to cancel racing June 9; forecast is for temperatures to drop off dramatically by Saturday's Belmont Stakes.
The history of the track at Belmont Park is that is dries out quickly. According to the latest forecast, it will have about 17 hours to do so prior to the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
There is a chance Big Brown may have to do something he has never done before if he is to become racing's 12th Triple Crown winner.
Racing at Belmont Park was cancelled July 18 due to heavy thunderstorms in the Elmont, NY area.
Hopeful (gr. I) and Sanford Stakes (gr. II) winner Afleet Alex hopes to keep his record unblemished Saturday as he takes on seven of his fellow 2-year-old brethren in the 133rd running of the $500,000 Champagne Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Three of the nation's top sprinters will vie for supremacy in the 65th edition of the Vosburgh Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park Saturday, Oct.2. What looked like a true Breeders' Cup field before the defection of grade I winner Midas Eyes, still has major implications for the Lone Star affair, just over four weeks away.
Those traveling to Elmont, NY for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) can expect pleasant spring temperatures with periods of both sun and clouds.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest