Potential record-breaking heat causes NYRA to cancel racing June 9; forecast is for temperatures to drop off dramatically by Saturday's Belmont Stakes.
The history of the track at Belmont Park is that is dries out quickly. According to the latest forecast, it will have about 17 hours to do so prior to the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
There is a chance Big Brown may have to do something he has never done before if he is to become racing's 12th Triple Crown winner.
Racing at Belmont Park was cancelled July 18 due to heavy thunderstorms in the Elmont, NY area.
Hopeful (gr. I) and Sanford Stakes (gr. II) winner Afleet Alex hopes to keep his record unblemished Saturday as he takes on seven of his fellow 2-year-old brethren in the 133rd running of the $500,000 Champagne Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Three of the nation's top sprinters will vie for supremacy in the 65th edition of the Vosburgh Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park Saturday, Oct.2. What looked like a true Breeders' Cup field before the defection of grade I winner Midas Eyes, still has major implications for the Lone Star affair, just over four weeks away.
Those traveling to Elmont, NY for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) can expect pleasant spring temperatures with periods of both sun and clouds.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong