Trainer Ronnie Warren, who saddled Coax Me Chad to a runner-up finish in the 1984 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and set records at Keeneland during a long career, died Dec. 31 in Little Rock, Ark.
Coax Me Chad, who launched a furious rally to finish second to Swale in the 1984 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has died at age 32 at Wally Burress's farm near Columbia, Ky.
Elmer E. Miller, whose Coax Me Chad ran second in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), died Sept. 19 at a Cincinnati hospital after a long battle with cancer.
Elmer Miller's What A Bad Day, third in the Iroquois (gr. III), has suffered a knee injury and will not run in the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) on Nov. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow