Trainer Ronnie Warren, who saddled Coax Me Chad to a runner-up finish in the 1984 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and set records at Keeneland during a long career, died Dec. 31 in Little Rock, Ark.
Coax Me Chad, who launched a furious rally to finish second to Swale in the 1984 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has died at age 32 at Wally Burress's farm near Columbia, Ky.
Elmer E. Miller, whose Coax Me Chad ran second in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), died Sept. 19 at a Cincinnati hospital after a long battle with cancer.
Elmer Miller's What A Bad Day, third in the Iroquois (gr. III), has suffered a knee injury and will not run in the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) on Nov. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park