Trainer Ronnie Warren, who saddled Coax Me Chad to a runner-up finish in the 1984 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and set records at Keeneland during a long career, died Dec. 31 in Little Rock, Ark.
Coax Me Chad, who launched a furious rally to finish second to Swale in the 1984 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has died at age 32 at Wally Burress's farm near Columbia, Ky.
Elmer E. Miller, whose Coax Me Chad ran second in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), died Sept. 19 at a Cincinnati hospital after a long battle with cancer.
Elmer Miller's What A Bad Day, third in the Iroquois (gr. III), has suffered a knee injury and will not run in the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) on Nov. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup Card
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line
- Fastnet Rock Filly Tops NZ Premier Sale
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76