Elmer Carter, who trained Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses in Texas and Oklahoma for several decades, died July 14.
Elmer Carter, a World War II veteran who trained Thoroughbreds and American Quarter Horses in Texas and Oklahoma for several decades, died July 14 at the age of 80.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting