Elmer Carter, who trained Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses in Texas and Oklahoma for several decades, died July 14.
Elmer Carter, a World War II veteran who trained Thoroughbreds and American Quarter Horses in Texas and Oklahoma for several decades, died July 14 at the age of 80.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala