Elmer Carter, who trained Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses in Texas and Oklahoma for several decades, died July 14.
Elmer Carter, a World War II veteran who trained Thoroughbreds and American Quarter Horses in Texas and Oklahoma for several decades, died July 14 at the age of 80.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift