Elmer Carter, who trained Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses in Texas and Oklahoma for several decades, died July 14.
Elmer Carter, a World War II veteran who trained Thoroughbreds and American Quarter Horses in Texas and Oklahoma for several decades, died July 14 at the age of 80.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate