Odds-on favorite Rahy's Attorney, reunited with jockey Slade Callaghan, turned back Sand Cove in upper stretch and coasted to a 3 1/4-length repeat victory in Woodbine's $121,700 Bunty Lawless Stakes Oct. 23.
Wonderlandbynight swept to the lead at the top of the stretch and left favored Mimi's Missy behind to register victory in her graded stakes debut in the $146,910 Ontario Debutante Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 14.
The CTHS (Ontario Division) will be hosting its 28th Annual Awards to honor the Ontario-Bred Champions of 2009 at Copper Creek Golf Club in Kleinburg, Ontario, Canada June 12.
Glitter Rox, the longest shot in the field at odds of 15-1, charged from between horses in deep stretch to register a three-quarters of a length win in the $169,842 Royal North Stakes (Can-III) on the Woodbine turf course Aug. 1.
Favored Rahy's Attorney found Woodbine's soft turf course to his liking in the $313,927 Nijinsky Stakes (Can-IIT) July 26, holding off his rivals after opening a five-length lead in the lane for his first victory at the 1 1/4-mile distance.
Front-running Rahy's Attorney turned the tables on rival Sterwins in the $283,475 King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) June 27 at Woodbine, refusing to give way when challenged in the long homestretch to post a one-length victory.
Rahy's Attorney, upset winner of the $1 million Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) last year, returns to his favorite track for the first start of his 2009 campaign in the $150,000 Connaught Cup (Can-IIIT) May 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones