Rahy's Attorney, narrowly beaten by Prince Will I Am last out, turned the tables on his rival with an upset victory in the $150,000 Pan American Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 26 at Gulfstream Park.
The Ontario-bred champions of 2009 were honored June 12 at the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society annual awards at Copper Creek Golf Club near Kleinburg, Ontario.
Ellie-Boje Farm's Rahy's Attorney won the Connaught Cup (Can-IIIT) back in 2008 and missed by a head a year ago, and now the 6-year-old is back for another try as the expected favorite in the May 30 turf sprint at Woodbine.
Woodbine Mile (gr. IT) winner Rahy's Attorney will make his first start outside of Canada Oct. 4, as the 4-year-old gelding headlines a star-studded field of 12 older horses in the $600,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland.
Canadian-bred Rahy's Attorney, who has made all 13 of his lifetime starts at Woodbine, earned his biggest victory to date May 25, as he kicked clear at the top of the lane and went on to take the $166,050 Connaught Cup (Can-III) under Slade Callaghan by a half-length at odds of 16-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC