Rahy's Attorney, narrowly beaten by Prince Will I Am last out, turned the tables on his rival with an upset victory in the $150,000 Pan American Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 26 at Gulfstream Park.
The Ontario-bred champions of 2009 were honored June 12 at the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society annual awards at Copper Creek Golf Club near Kleinburg, Ontario.
Ellie-Boje Farm's Rahy's Attorney won the Connaught Cup (Can-IIIT) back in 2008 and missed by a head a year ago, and now the 6-year-old is back for another try as the expected favorite in the May 30 turf sprint at Woodbine.
Woodbine Mile (gr. IT) winner Rahy's Attorney will make his first start outside of Canada Oct. 4, as the 4-year-old gelding headlines a star-studded field of 12 older horses in the $600,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland.
Canadian-bred Rahy's Attorney, who has made all 13 of his lifetime starts at Woodbine, earned his biggest victory to date May 25, as he kicked clear at the top of the lane and went on to take the $166,050 Connaught Cup (Can-III) under Slade Callaghan by a half-length at odds of 16-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- TOBA October Member of the Month
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System