A tightly packed group of seven reach the finish line almost simultaneously in the Manco Easter Handicap April 12 at Ellerslie, with Albany Reunion narrowly prevailing in New Zealand's final group I race of the season.
Who Shot Thebarman's future as a top-class stayer got considerably brighter March 5 when he powered to victory in the two-mile Auckland Cup (NZ-I) at Ellerslie.
Although racing strategy fell apart at the start, favorite Puccini still pulled off a convincing win for an injured jockey in the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) March 1 at Ellerslie.
An unlucky second in the New Zealand One Thousand Guineas (NZ-I) last time out, favorite Bounding took control early in the Railway Stakes (NZ-I) Jan. 1 at Ellerslie and held on for a breakthrough triumph at the top level.
Fillies took the top two spots in the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) March 2 at Ellerslie, with Habibi winning by a half-length over Fix in a thrilling finish.
Fleur de Lune halted a four-race winless skid when capturing the Sistema Railway Stakes (NZ-I) on Jan. 1 at Ellerslie Racecourse and added a long-sought top achievement to her record.
New Zealand Derby hero Xcellent underscored his Australian Derby chances by routing older horses in the Darley-sponsored New Century Stakes (NZ-I) in Auckland March 5.
Pentire son Xcellent rushed home for a stunning win in the 131st New Zealand Derby (NZ-I).
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup Card
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 175 for March 2YO Sale
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- New Equine Biotechnology Firm Launched
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned