Fasig-Tipton's experiment in moving its Midlantic winter mixed sale to late January from its traditional December date seemingly bore fruit Jan. 31 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium.
A colt by Blame, pinhooked by First Finds for $20,000 as a weanling in 2014, brings $335,000 during the July 9 Fasig-Tipton July yearling sale. Ellen Charles, of Washington, D.C., is the buyer.
Hillwood Stable landed the top two highest-priced yearlings at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall sale, which saw declines in all three key economic indicators at the one-day sale Sept. 29
Grade III winner Bandbox has been retired from racing and the son of leading sire Tapit will enter his first season at stud in 2015 at Northview Stallion Station, in Chesapeake City, Md.
Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., concluded its two-day run on May 20 with mixed results.
The market was robust at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Oct. 1 in Timonium, Md. The median price increased 29.7% from a year ago to equal the auction's record of $12,000.
A daughter of Malibu Moon brought $300,000 just after noon at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale in Timonium, Md. She is the highest-priced horse sold so far during the auction.
Under confident handling by Travis Dunkelberger, heavy choice Bandbox cruised to victory in the $50,750 Private Terms Stakes for 3-year-olds at Laurel Park March 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Paulassilverlining Takes Muddy Gallant Bloom
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- 'Alice' Wins Sun Chariot, BC Might Be Next
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Global Glamour Takes Flight for the 'Girls'