A colt by Blame, pinhooked by First Finds for $20,000 as a weanling in 2014, brings $335,000 during the July 9 Fasig-Tipton July yearling sale. Ellen Charles, of Washington, D.C., is the buyer.
Hillwood Stable landed the top two highest-priced yearlings at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall sale, which saw declines in all three key economic indicators at the one-day sale Sept. 29
Grade III winner Bandbox has been retired from racing and the son of leading sire Tapit will enter his first season at stud in 2015 at Northview Stallion Station, in Chesapeake City, Md.
Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., concluded its two-day run on May 20 with mixed results.
The market was robust at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Oct. 1 in Timonium, Md. The median price increased 29.7% from a year ago to equal the auction's record of $12,000.
A daughter of Malibu Moon brought $300,000 just after noon at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale in Timonium, Md. She is the highest-priced horse sold so far during the auction.
Under confident handling by Travis Dunkelberger, heavy choice Bandbox cruised to victory in the $50,750 Private Terms Stakes for 3-year-olds at Laurel Park March 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut