Nobiz Like Shobiz, one of the leading 3-year-olds in the nation, is expected to run in the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) on Nov. 25, trainer Barclay Tagg confirmed Nov. 9 from his training base at Belmont Park in New York.
Nobiz Like Shobiz turned in his most impressive performance on the grass in the Oct. 6 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park. The $300,000 race for 3-year-olds was Nobiz Like Shobiz's toughest assignment so far on the turf.
Before the $750,000 Wood Memorial (gr. I), Barclay Tagg worried that the lack of pace in the six-horse field would prevent Nobiz Like Shobiz from sitting behind horses. It turned out exactly that way, yet Nobiz overcame a paceless race and more to win the 83rd Wood by half a length and place himself among the favorites for next month's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Elizabeth J. Valando's homebred Nobiz Like Shobiz, highly regarded among this year's Triple Crown hopefuls, got his campaign off to a strong start with a smart win as the odds-on choice in Saturday's $150,000 Holy Bull (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Gulstream Park.
Elizabeth J. Valando's homebred Nobiz Like Shobiz burst away from the field approaching the eighth pole and cruised to victory in the $200,000 Remsen (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Aqueduct Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement