Nobiz Like Shobiz, one of the leading 3-year-olds in the nation, is expected to run in the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) on Nov. 25, trainer Barclay Tagg confirmed Nov. 9 from his training base at Belmont Park in New York.
Nobiz Like Shobiz turned in his most impressive performance on the grass in the Oct. 6 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park. The $300,000 race for 3-year-olds was Nobiz Like Shobiz's toughest assignment so far on the turf.
Before the $750,000 Wood Memorial (gr. I), Barclay Tagg worried that the lack of pace in the six-horse field would prevent Nobiz Like Shobiz from sitting behind horses. It turned out exactly that way, yet Nobiz overcame a paceless race and more to win the 83rd Wood by half a length and place himself among the favorites for next month's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Elizabeth J. Valando's homebred Nobiz Like Shobiz, highly regarded among this year's Triple Crown hopefuls, got his campaign off to a strong start with a smart win as the odds-on choice in Saturday's $150,000 Holy Bull (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Gulstream Park.
Elizabeth J. Valando's homebred Nobiz Like Shobiz burst away from the field approaching the eighth pole and cruised to victory in the $200,000 Remsen (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Aqueduct Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch
- NBC Sports Group to Air Derby, Triple Crown