Jockey Eliska Kubinova and trainers Alan Bozell and Doris Harwood will receive special awards when Emerald Downs completes its 19th season of Thoroughbred racing over the Sept. 27-28 weekend.
A reduction in the number of racing days from 60 in 2012 to 49 resulted in average daily gains in wagering and purses at Portland Meadows.
Czech jockey Eliska Kubinova was a smash in her Betfair Hollywood Park debut, winning with her first mount for some renowned connections Nov. 11.
The Czech Republic native owns the most wins for an apprentice jockey at the Washington State racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby