Jockey Eliska Kubinova and trainers Alan Bozell and Doris Harwood will receive special awards when Emerald Downs completes its 19th season of Thoroughbred racing over the Sept. 27-28 weekend.
A reduction in the number of racing days from 60 in 2012 to 49 resulted in average daily gains in wagering and purses at Portland Meadows.
Czech jockey Eliska Kubinova was a smash in her Betfair Hollywood Park debut, winning with her first mount for some renowned connections Nov. 11.
The Czech Republic native owns the most wins for an apprentice jockey at the Washington State racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road