Jockey Eliska Kubinova and trainers Alan Bozell and Doris Harwood will receive special awards when Emerald Downs completes its 19th season of Thoroughbred racing over the Sept. 27-28 weekend.
A reduction in the number of racing days from 60 in 2012 to 49 resulted in average daily gains in wagering and purses at Portland Meadows.
Czech jockey Eliska Kubinova was a smash in her Betfair Hollywood Park debut, winning with her first mount for some renowned connections Nov. 11.
The Czech Republic native owns the most wins for an apprentice jockey at the Washington State racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile