Jockey Eliska Kubinova and trainers Alan Bozell and Doris Harwood will receive special awards when Emerald Downs completes its 19th season of Thoroughbred racing over the Sept. 27-28 weekend.
A reduction in the number of racing days from 60 in 2012 to 49 resulted in average daily gains in wagering and purses at Portland Meadows.
Czech jockey Eliska Kubinova was a smash in her Betfair Hollywood Park debut, winning with her first mount for some renowned connections Nov. 11.
The Czech Republic native owns the most wins for an apprentice jockey at the Washington State racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Chris' Brew, Galina Point Top Woodbine Stakes
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight