Jockey Eliska Kubinova and trainers Alan Bozell and Doris Harwood will receive special awards when Emerald Downs completes its 19th season of Thoroughbred racing over the Sept. 27-28 weekend.
A reduction in the number of racing days from 60 in 2012 to 49 resulted in average daily gains in wagering and purses at Portland Meadows.
Czech jockey Eliska Kubinova was a smash in her Betfair Hollywood Park debut, winning with her first mount for some renowned connections Nov. 11.
The Czech Republic native owns the most wins for an apprentice jockey at the Washington State racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm