Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear signed a bill that will allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund-registered horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races to be eligible for fund purse money.
Bonus Size, a New York-bred owned by Ernie Paragallo's Paraneck Stable, was found not to be eligible to run in several races in which he earned purse money and was disqualified and unplaced in the order of finish of those races.
Breeders' Cup elected 13 new board members using a new method that gave foal and stallion nominators more input. The board also approved new eligibilty rules for horses entering a Breeders' Cup race.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm