Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear signed a bill that will allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund-registered horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races to be eligible for fund purse money.
Bonus Size, a New York-bred owned by Ernie Paragallo's Paraneck Stable, was found not to be eligible to run in several races in which he earned purse money and was disqualified and unplaced in the order of finish of those races.
Breeders' Cup elected 13 new board members using a new method that gave foal and stallion nominators more input. The board also approved new eligibilty rules for horses entering a Breeders' Cup race.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes