Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear signed a bill that will allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund-registered horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races to be eligible for fund purse money.
Bonus Size, a New York-bred owned by Ernie Paragallo's Paraneck Stable, was found not to be eligible to run in several races in which he earned purse money and was disqualified and unplaced in the order of finish of those races.
Breeders' Cup elected 13 new board members using a new method that gave foal and stallion nominators more input. The board also approved new eligibilty rules for horses entering a Breeders' Cup race.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breezed at Palm Beach
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase