Gary Tanaka's Eleusis, a 3-year-old filly making her first start in the United States, put away favored Arvada in the final furlong to register her first graded or group win in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct turf Saturday.
Arvada, a two-time winner for trainer Bobby Frankel on turf at Saratoga, is the 117-pound co-highweight for the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT), a race for fillies and mares at a mile and a half on the Aqueduct Park lawn Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Rainha De Bateria Heads Durante at Del Mar
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark