Lethal Heat, who won six of nine starts in 2008 before going to the sidelines following a third-place finish in the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT), starts a new year for trainer Barry Abrams in the $100,000 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) over Santa Anita's hillside turf course Jan. 3.
Irish-bred Bahama Mama, a steady speedster still seeking recompense for a flawed graded stakes debut in the United States, and the ultra consistent Victorina, who has never before raced on grass, will be the co-high weights at 118 pounds in Oak Tree's $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Hard Not to Like Seeks Fourth Grade I
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Favorite Tale Easy Fabulous Strike Winner
- Mobile Bay Just Up in Zia Park Derby
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Sharla Rae Takes on Males in Hollywood Derby
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Andreya's Reward Shifts to Dirt for Hut Hut
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club