The momentum that produced strong selling at Keeneland September's opening week carried over into the sixth session Sept. 15, where competition for many yearlings remained strong. Eight sold for at least $300,000.
Eight juvenile fillies looking for a free ride to the Breeders' Cup will line up Sept. 7 in the $150,000 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs on opening day of the Louisville track's 12-day September meet.
Six of seven contestants for the $150,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) July 19 at Saratoga won impressively last time out; trainer Todd Pletcher will saddle two of them.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding