Designer Soxx, a daughter of Half Ours, sold for the highest price, $75,000, at the Stars of Tomorrow 2-year-olds in training sale March 9 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino and Hotel.
Valentine's Day is still two weeks away, but trainer Allen Iwinski is busting out the bow and arrow early when he saddles Cupid Season in Saturday's $75,0000 Correction Handicap at Aqueduct, the feature of the day's 10-race card.
Fit Performer beat Drexel Monorail by 4 1/4 lengths Thursday in the $81,600 Interborough Handicap at Aqueduct.
Five of the eight starters in Saturday's $150,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico are added money winners, led by the Tom Amoss-trained Holy Bubbette.
After two losses to open the 2003 campaign, My Boston Gal faces a deep field in Thursday's $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) at about seven furlongs for 3-year-old fillies at Keeneland.
Michael H. Sherman's favored Elegant Designer and jockey Mario Pino came with a late surge to collar Virgin Voyage and then held off that one's stablemate, Xtra Heart, by head to win Saturday's $81,450 Busher Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 mile.
Best of the Rest knocks down the largest purse on Florida Million Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al