Gimme Credit, coming off an open-length victory in a seven-furlong stakes June 17 for trainer Tim Hills, returns in Saturday's $100,000-added Poker Handicap (gr. IIIT) at one mile on the Belmont Park turf.
J. Robert Harris Jr.'s 4-year-old Rehoboth is the most accomplished of eight older horses entered in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course, but the confirmed stretch-runner usually needs plenty of pace in front him to produce his best rally.
The powerful Bill Mott stable sends out Kinsman Stable's Classic Campaign in a wide-open field of 12 older horses set for the $150,000 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Calder turf course. The 5-year-old gelding will have to overcome the far outside post with champion jockey Garrett Gomez making a rare South Florida appearance to ride.
Vacare, purchased in November for $2.8 million, remained undefeated in five career starts when she won the Magna Distaff Sunday at Gulfstream Park, while Godolphin standout Ashkal Way had to work hard to prevail in the Lure.
Big things have been expected of Melnyk Racing Stable's 4-year-old Harlington, a $2.8 million Keeneland yearling who's likely to be favored in Wednesday's 'three other than' allowance feature at Gulfstream Park.
Scipion, a half-brother to juvenile champion Vindication who was a bit disappointing last year, rallied impressively to win the $150,000 Risen Star Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds Saturday at Fair Grounds.
The regally-bred Harlington, a $2.8 million yearling purchase who has won his two races to date, is the 3-1 favorite in a field of 11 sophomores entered for Saturday's $150,000 Risen Star Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory