The average price and median price were up 19.6% and 25%, respectively, through the first six sessions.
Just Louise made a sparkling stakes debut June 26 at Churchill Downs, relinquishing the lead on the turn, then coming back in the final jump to win the $108,800 Debutante (gr. III) by a neck.
- By Ron Mitchell
If buying and selling horses is a risky venture, those taking the most risks year-in and year-out are pinhookers primarily looking for horses to resell at a profit.
Favored Spin Master, ridden by Miguel Mena, survived a sizzling three-way duel for the early lead and then pulled away under hand urging to score a 2 3/4-length victory in Saturday's $108,500 Matt Winn Stakes for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher