Rudy Rodriguez and Carl Lizza Racing Stable's Uno Emayo won the first race at Belmont Park July 11 and became the first winner for multiple grade II winner and young New York stallion D' Funnybone.
D' Funnybone tracks a hot early pace set by Discreetly Mine and Eightyfiveinafifty and cruises home to win the seven-furlong Woody Stephens by 3 1/4 lengths.
D' Funnybone, purchased privately one month ago by Paul Pompa Jr., provided an immediate return on the investment when he crushed his rivals in the $150,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) at the Spa Aug. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile