The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation's board of directors has approved funding for eight new research projects on problems that include foal pneumonia, laminitis, vitamin D's role in immunity, and stem cell therapy.
The second annual Elastikon Equine Research Award, funded through a grant made by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company to Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, has been awarded to Dr. Wayne McIlwraith of Colorado State University and Dr. Mick Peterson of the University of Maine for their research designed to enhance the safety of race tracks for horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees