Grade II stakes-placed El Nino sired his initial winner when his son Senor Rain scored at Del Mar Aug 12.
The first foal by El Nino was foaled Jan. 12 at Eddie Martin's Martin Stables South near Reddick, Fla.
Grade II stakes-placed El Nino has been moved to Don and Dana Myers' Swifty Farm near Seymour, Ind.
El Nino, who stood his first season at Martin Stables South in Florida, will stand next year at Swifty Farm in Indiana.
El Nino, a grade II stakes-placed runner at Saratoga, will enter stud in 2008 at Eddie Martin's Martin Stables South near Ocala, Fla.
Henny Hughes returns to Saratoga Saturday as the horse to beat among the 11 entered in the seven-furlong King's Bishop (gr. I) for 3-year-olds.
Jockey Calvin Borel, who pulled a major upset in a stakes earlier in the summer at Churchill Downs, pulled another one today -- this time at Saratoga.
Upon further reflection, trainer Tom Albertrani decided to give his standout 3-year-old sprinter Songster a start in Monday's $150,000 Amsterdam (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Lady Eli’s Amazing Story Continues
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes