Grade II stakes-placed El Nino sired his initial winner when his son Senor Rain scored at Del Mar Aug 12.
The first foal by El Nino was foaled Jan. 12 at Eddie Martin's Martin Stables South near Reddick, Fla.
Grade II stakes-placed El Nino has been moved to Don and Dana Myers' Swifty Farm near Seymour, Ind.
El Nino, who stood his first season at Martin Stables South in Florida, will stand next year at Swifty Farm in Indiana.
El Nino, a grade II stakes-placed runner at Saratoga, will enter stud in 2008 at Eddie Martin's Martin Stables South near Ocala, Fla.
Henny Hughes returns to Saratoga Saturday as the horse to beat among the 11 entered in the seven-furlong King's Bishop (gr. I) for 3-year-olds.
Jockey Calvin Borel, who pulled a major upset in a stakes earlier in the summer at Churchill Downs, pulled another one today -- this time at Saratoga.
Upon further reflection, trainer Tom Albertrani decided to give his standout 3-year-old sprinter Songster a start in Monday's $150,000 Amsterdam (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- 3-Day OBS August Yearling Sale Begins Aug. 26
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga