Favored Street Boss, overcoming much trouble in his stakes debut, showed why many feel he is the best sprinter in Southern California with a resounding late charge to win the $110,500 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Stoneside, a bit of a disappointment since being purchased privately in France by Marsha Naify last year, woke up in a big way when he easily captured the $112,400 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita April 19.
Unusual Suspect, a grade III winning son of the California sire Unusual Heat, makes his 2008 bow in the $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita's hillside turf course April 19.
Trainer Christophe Clement hopes to get his Turf Festival weekend off to a good start at Hollywood Park on Nov. 24 when he sends the consistent Quietly Mine against nine rivals in the $150,000 Turf Express Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay