No matter the distance, the pace scenario or the level of competition, Hombre Rapido has only three ways of going once the gates open: fast, faster, fastest.
Richard Englander's Boston Common passed his Jeff Mullins-trained stablemate – 7-5 favorite King Robyn – in the stretch and went on to defeat the furiously closing Summer Service by a neck in Thursday's $107,600 El Conejo Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita.
Jockey Danny Sorenson, sidelined since Sept. 17 with a shoulder fracture, has been cleared to ride again. He will be aboard Giovanneti in the El Canejo Handicap (gr. III) on Jan. 1.
Kona Gold will try to become the fifth 9-year-old to win a stakes race at Santa Anita when he takes on eight other sprinters in the $100,000 El Conejo Handicap (gr. III), Wednesday's New Year's Day feature.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- A Case for Full Siblings
- NYRA Donating Trees for Anna House Fundraiser
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup