Effinex, a grade I winner and $2.2 million earner, was named New York's 2015 Horse of the Year at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders annual banquet April 4 at the Saratoga National Golf Club in Saratoga Springs.
Lady Sheila Stable's multiple graded stakes winner La Verdad turned the $100,000 Interborough Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack into a cakewalk Jan. 9, and will have another start before being bred to Medaglia d'Oro.
Lady Sheila Stables' Hot City Girl sped to the lead in the $350,000 Charles Town Oaks (gr. III) and never relented, securing her first graded score in gate-to-wire fashion.
La Verdad took the lead and never looked back July 29 in the $200,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course, cruising gate to wire under jockey Jose Ortiz to preserve her perfect record this season.
Overwhelming favorite La Verdad led at every point of call and won the $100,000 Dancin Renee Stakes for New York-bred fillies and mares by 7 1/4 lengths June 28 at Belmont Park, pushing her earnings past the $1 million mark.
Lady Sheila Stable's La Verdad returned to the races and to her winning ways April 18, galloping by 5 1/4 lengths over three rivals in the $200,000 Distaff Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct.
Front-running La Verdad left her rivals behind leaving the turn en route to her initial graded stakes win, a 3 3/4-length romp in the $200,000 Distaff Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack April 19.
Tamarind Hall, a 15-1 shot, leads three longshots across the wire first July 2 in Belmont's Bed o'Roses Handicap (gr. III). Hilda's Passion, the 3-10 favorite, finishes sixth.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- OBS Spring Sale to Test Depth of Juvenile Market
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby