The ultra-consistent mare Tuscan Evening had no problem handling a little extra distance in the Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT), leading all the way for her ninth win in 13 Southern California races March 21 at Santa Anita.
Tuscan Evening, bidding for her ninth win in 13 starts since arriving in the United States last year, faces seven rivals in the $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf course March 21.
Comfortably settled off a fast early pace, Tuscan Evening took over in midstretch and drew off to win the Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) by 2 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita on Feb. 15.
Briecat is back to defend her title in the $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park Dec. 5, part of a field that swelled to 11 with the absence of Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I) winner Life Is Sweet, who was not entered.
Bobby Frankel and John Sadler will each send out a pair of fillies and mares in the 42nd edition of the $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT), a nine-furlong turf test March 22 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Derby by the Speed Numbers