For the second day in a row, a telephone bid secured the topper at the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s June sale, when John Fort went to $250,000 to buy an Into Mischief filly during a session that saw numbers continue to spiral downward.
Topped by a Quality Road filly sold for $775,000, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training concluded April 22 with a slight decline overall in gross, and record average and median prices.
The market for young horses sizzled as the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. kicked off the selling season for 2-year-olds in training Tuesday in Central Florida with its February select auction, which attracted a large, diverse group of enthusiastic shoppers.
A Cuvee filly turned in the fastest work ever at an eighth of a mile for an OBS sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies