For the second day in a row, a telephone bid secured the topper at the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s June sale, when John Fort went to $250,000 to buy an Into Mischief filly during a session that saw numbers continue to spiral downward.
Topped by a Quality Road filly sold for $775,000, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training concluded April 22 with a slight decline overall in gross, and record average and median prices.
The market for young horses sizzled as the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. kicked off the selling season for 2-year-olds in training Tuesday in Central Florida with its February select auction, which attracted a large, diverse group of enthusiastic shoppers.
A Cuvee filly turned in the fastest work ever at an eighth of a mile for an OBS sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks