For the second day in a row, a telephone bid secured the topper at the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s June sale, when John Fort went to $250,000 to buy an Into Mischief filly during a session that saw numbers continue to spiral downward.
Topped by a Quality Road filly sold for $775,000, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training concluded April 22 with a slight decline overall in gross, and record average and median prices.
The market for young horses sizzled as the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. kicked off the selling season for 2-year-olds in training Tuesday in Central Florida with its February select auction, which attracted a large, diverse group of enthusiastic shoppers.
A Cuvee filly turned in the fastest work ever at an eighth of a mile for an OBS sale.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop