For the second day in a row, a telephone bid secured the topper at the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s June sale, when John Fort went to $250,000 to buy an Into Mischief filly during a session that saw numbers continue to spiral downward.
Topped by a Quality Road filly sold for $775,000, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training concluded April 22 with a slight decline overall in gross, and record average and median prices.
The market for young horses sizzled as the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. kicked off the selling season for 2-year-olds in training Tuesday in Central Florida with its February select auction, which attracted a large, diverse group of enthusiastic shoppers.
A Cuvee filly turned in the fastest work ever at an eighth of a mile for an OBS sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night