Well Armed is set to make his first start since his record-setting win in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) in March when he runs in the $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 2.
Eion Harty, who handles Godolphin Racing's California division in the U.S., got off to a good start in United Arab Emirates when the first two horses he sent out at Nad al Sheba Racecourse finished first and second in maiden company Thursday night.
A field of six 2-year-old fillies will take the post in Sunday's $250,000 Del Mar Debutant (gr. I), going seven furlongs on the seaside oval's main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism