Well Armed is set to make his first start since his record-setting win in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) in March when he runs in the $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 2.
Eion Harty, who handles Godolphin Racing's California division in the U.S., got off to a good start in United Arab Emirates when the first two horses he sent out at Nad al Sheba Racecourse finished first and second in maiden company Thursday night.
A field of six 2-year-old fillies will take the post in Sunday's $250,000 Del Mar Debutant (gr. I), going seven furlongs on the seaside oval's main track.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia