Godolphin Racing's Innovative Idea, winner of Ellis Park's Aug. 6 Groupie Doll (gr. III), came close to being retired and bred in late March.
Well Armed is set to make his first start since his record-setting win in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) in March when he runs in the $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 2.
Eion Harty, who handles Godolphin Racing's California division in the U.S., got off to a good start in United Arab Emirates when the first two horses he sent out at Nad al Sheba Racecourse finished first and second in maiden company Thursday night.
A field of six 2-year-old fillies will take the post in Sunday's $250,000 Del Mar Debutant (gr. I), going seven furlongs on the seaside oval's main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita