Godolphin Racing's Innovative Idea, winner of Ellis Park's Aug. 6 Groupie Doll (gr. III), came close to being retired and bred in late March.
Well Armed is set to make his first start since his record-setting win in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) in March when he runs in the $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 2.
Eion Harty, who handles Godolphin Racing's California division in the U.S., got off to a good start in United Arab Emirates when the first two horses he sent out at Nad al Sheba Racecourse finished first and second in maiden company Thursday night.
A field of six 2-year-old fillies will take the post in Sunday's $250,000 Del Mar Debutant (gr. I), going seven furlongs on the seaside oval's main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes