Texas bred Scrappy Roo held off the rallying Going Ballistic by a head in the $168,500 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) on closing night at Sam Houston State Park April 5, earning his fifth consecutive victory.
Lattice rallied in the middle of the course to get the lead in the final strides, winning the $250,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) presented by Jack Daniel's by three-quarters of a length over Going Ballistic on the turf Saturday at Arlington Park.
There's something to like about the five stakes winners in the field of 11 for Saturday's $100,000 Rushaway Stakes at Turfway Park on the Lane's End (gr. II) undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan