Texas bred Scrappy Roo held off the rallying Going Ballistic by a head in the $168,500 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) on closing night at Sam Houston State Park April 5, earning his fifth consecutive victory.
Lattice rallied in the middle of the course to get the lead in the final strides, winning the $250,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) presented by Jack Daniel's by three-quarters of a length over Going Ballistic on the turf Saturday at Arlington Park.
There's something to like about the five stakes winners in the field of 11 for Saturday's $100,000 Rushaway Stakes at Turfway Park on the Lane's End (gr. II) undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta