The United States District Court in the Northern District of New York has dismissed a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by a group of Thoroughbred owners against New Jersey-based Wedgewood Pharmacy in September 2005.
- By Pete Spanos
The owners of sprint star Egg Head and millionaire sprinter Saratoga County are among a group of six Thoroughbred owners bringing suit in the alleged wrongful deaths of three racehorses and for severe damage to a fourth, according to a recent report in the Schenectady, N.Y. Daily Gazette.
Egg Head, a rising star on the sprint division scene, was euthanized Monday after succumbing to a case of founder.
Fans came to Belmont Park Saturday to see who is the best 3-year-old in the land. They might have seen him, and his name is Lost in the Fog.
A group of eight 3-year-old colts passed the entry box for the 21st running of the Riva Ridge Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) on Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby