The United States District Court in the Northern District of New York has dismissed a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by a group of Thoroughbred owners against New Jersey-based Wedgewood Pharmacy in September 2005.
The owners of sprint star Egg Head and millionaire sprinter Saratoga County are among a group of six Thoroughbred owners bringing suit in the alleged wrongful deaths of three racehorses and for severe damage to a fourth, according to a recent report in the Schenectady, N.Y. Daily Gazette.
Egg Head, a rising star on the sprint division scene, was euthanized Monday after succumbing to a case of founder.
Fans came to Belmont Park Saturday to see who is the best 3-year-old in the land. They might have seen him, and his name is Lost in the Fog.
A group of eight 3-year-old colts passed the entry box for the 21st running of the Riva Ridge Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) on Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog