The United States District Court in the Northern District of New York has dismissed a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by a group of Thoroughbred owners against New Jersey-based Wedgewood Pharmacy in September 2005.
- By Pete Spanos
The owners of sprint star Egg Head and millionaire sprinter Saratoga County are among a group of six Thoroughbred owners bringing suit in the alleged wrongful deaths of three racehorses and for severe damage to a fourth, according to a recent report in the Schenectady, N.Y. Daily Gazette.
Egg Head, a rising star on the sprint division scene, was euthanized Monday after succumbing to a case of founder.
Fans came to Belmont Park Saturday to see who is the best 3-year-old in the land. They might have seen him, and his name is Lost in the Fog.
A group of eight 3-year-old colts passed the entry box for the 21st running of the Riva Ridge Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) on Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage