Les Arcs, a Maryland-bred son of Arch, held off a fast-closing Iffraaj to win the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England on Friday.
Black Minnaloushe, an Irish champion and classic winner, was represented by his first winner when Black Glamour won May 8 in his first start.
The board of stewards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club suspended the licenses of jockeys John Egan and Robert Fradd Saturday in the wake of the Independent Commission Against Corruption's investigation into possible race fixing. Four Jockey Club employees have also been suspended from their duties.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'