Les Arcs, a Maryland-bred son of Arch, held off a fast-closing Iffraaj to win the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England on Friday.
Black Minnaloushe, an Irish champion and classic winner, was represented by his first winner when Black Glamour won May 8 in his first start.
The board of stewards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club suspended the licenses of jockeys John Egan and Robert Fradd Saturday in the wake of the Independent Commission Against Corruption's investigation into possible race fixing. Four Jockey Club employees have also been suspended from their duties.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile