Les Arcs, a Maryland-bred son of Arch, held off a fast-closing Iffraaj to win the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England on Friday.
Black Minnaloushe, an Irish champion and classic winner, was represented by his first winner when Black Glamour won May 8 in his first start.
The board of stewards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club suspended the licenses of jockeys John Egan and Robert Fradd Saturday in the wake of the Independent Commission Against Corruption's investigation into possible race fixing. Four Jockey Club employees have also been suspended from their duties.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- For January Race, Pegasus Field Depth Impressive
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year