Les Arcs, a Maryland-bred son of Arch, held off a fast-closing Iffraaj to win the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England on Friday.
Black Minnaloushe, an Irish champion and classic winner, was represented by his first winner when Black Glamour won May 8 in his first start.
The board of stewards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club suspended the licenses of jockeys John Egan and Robert Fradd Saturday in the wake of the Independent Commission Against Corruption's investigation into possible race fixing. Four Jockey Club employees have also been suspended from their duties.
Most Popular Stories
- Ageless Sustains Cut in Franklin County Win
- American Pharoah, Beholder Work for Classic
- Jockeys Find Keeneland Mile Race Challenging
- Consumer Credit Aims to End Skid in Pebbles
- Circumference to Stand at Milky Way in 2016
- Honor Code to Prepare for Classic at Belmont
- Springhouse Takes Shot in Cup and Saucer
- OBS Under Tack Show Set for Oct. 12
- Stirling to Leave Florida HBPA Post
- Meadowlands Cancels Racing for Oct. 9