Ed Wachtel was a successful New York owner/breeder whose runners included New York-bred Horse of the Year Claramount.
Stalwart Member, a two-time New York-bred winner of the Sports Page Handicap (gr. II) and earner of $783,807, will be retired to the Unbridled Thoroughbred Foundation, where he will be the founding member of the new retirement organization.
New York stallion Claramount, a three-time champion in the Empire State, died Feb. 17 of a ruptured aorta
Edwin Wachtel's Claramount, 1988 New York bred Horse of the Year, died of a ruptured aorta on Feb. 17 at James Edwards' The Stallion Park in Millbrook, where he had stood since entering stud in 1990. He was 19 years old.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races