Ed Wachtel was a successful New York owner/breeder whose runners included New York-bred Horse of the Year Claramount.
Stalwart Member, a two-time New York-bred winner of the Sports Page Handicap (gr. II) and earner of $783,807, will be retired to the Unbridled Thoroughbred Foundation, where he will be the founding member of the new retirement organization.
New York stallion Claramount, a three-time champion in the Empire State, died Feb. 17 of a ruptured aorta
Edwin Wachtel's Claramount, 1988 New York bred Horse of the Year, died of a ruptured aorta on Feb. 17 at James Edwards' The Stallion Park in Millbrook, where he had stood since entering stud in 1990. He was 19 years old.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- Wood, Breeder of Favorite Trick, Dies at 81
- Breeders' Cup Selects Board of Directors
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship
- Model Approach - By Eric Mitchell
- TCA Title Sponsor of Thoroughbred Makeover
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition